Saturday, March 16, 2013

Painting with a Twist

I love to paint. I have had no formal classes but I really enjoy it. 

Michelle asked me a few months ago if I wanted to go to this class called "Painting with a Twist" where you pick a day on the website with the featured painting you want to do, and then they teach you step by step how to paint it. You bring your own beverage and snacks. Most brought wine...Michelle and I polished off a whole bottle of Martinelli's Sparkling Cider! 
She also had a brilliant idea....
this beauty...

It's Chili's Lava cake...she knows my love of the dessert!
One week after my cousin Beth recommended it, I tried chile covered dried mangos. They were HOT. Duh! Should have picked up on that.


The canvas was given to us with the Austin Skyline already drawn on it. We painted over it lightly and you could still see it. 

It was so much fun! We would paint...


Then take a break as it dried.... 




 Then we would paint some more. See the plain skyline, and the subtle reflections in the water.




 If you look close you can see how similar yet different they are! 



Final product, I love it! 
It is hard to see well here, but there are bats flying out from under the Congress bridge! 


No comments: