Sunday, March 31, 2013

Ho Ho Ho Holi Hai, 2013


Holi is a Hindu holiday- a festival of colors! It is to celebrate the beginning of spring, as well as some Hindu mythology that deals with a demonness getting burned.   This is me all cute and clean, waiting for my friends to arrive, and clearly not the least bit vain. 

  
The Holi Festival we went to was at the Radha Madhav Dham Temple. The temple and grounds were beautiful! It was a gorgeous Saturday afternoon.

And here is the crew, the gringos (plus one Mexican). Not a speck of color on us yet.


Then these two arrived... Naughty and Nasty, I mean, Nadia and Natasha. Before the color play started, they attacked my group with red and pink!  It pretty much went crazy from there. 

I just love this picture of me and my two sisters!


Still in the thick of it all. Left to Right: Michelle, Molly, Abraham, me, and Jeremy.


 After hearing at least a dozen songs with the words- "Ho, Ho, Ho Holi Hai", we were all holied out and ready for some dinner. 



So we piled in Abraham's truck, posed for a few more pics with our flaming cheeto-esque faces...



...and went to the only place we were daring enough to enter int... RUDY's BBQ! Since you have access to a big hand washing station, and eat on picnic tables, we figured it wouldn't be too crazy of an idea. 


Notice the stickers we proudly wore! Yep, we are that funny!  

 
 We had lots of stares, and many inquires as to our appearance.  A few guessed right what we had just participate in. One may say we were also mistaken for a reenactment of "Brave Heart", and I might have been mistaken for Thing 1 or Thing 2.


One more time just for you Molly- 

Ho, Ho, Ho Holi Hai!!!!!!

2 comments:

tiffromney said...

Oh, I am so jealous! That looks like so much fun. Love those pictures!

Jessica said...

I love that you went out to eat later! Looks like fun!