Monday, November 16, 2009

Surgery Observation!


I technically cannot divulge any info, but let's just say I observed some surgeries today. I didn't pass out or even feel sick at all. Surgery ain't for the faint of heart, that is for sure! Lots of drilling, sawing, hacking, pounding, cutting, bleeding, suturing, and stapling. It is amazing how the body looks on the inside. I walked around in scrubs, a mask, and bonnet for 4 hours and loved it! This is me holding a piece of dried surgical cement. It gets mixed up and turns to putty, than before it sets hard it gets super hot. I think I made a lovely ball, don't you? I don't think my future is as an orthopedic surgeon however. I'd rather be on the rehab end. Now you may think is strange to enjoy watching all the bloody graphic stuff, but it is really about a fascination and amazement of how the human body works. It just screams proof that there is a God!

1 comment:

Az Kelms said...

There has to be someone that likes that kind of stuff otherwise there wouldn't be any surgeons or physical therapists. I am sure that under your mask you are grinning from ear to ear. Glad that you had a good day. I thought about you today and wondered how it went. Love ya,