Monday, November 23, 2009

Sitting at a Red Light

I'm sitting at a red light...

My foot is on the break, anxiously waiting for the light to turn green...

My foot is falling asleep it has been on the break for so long...

If I ignore the red light, inevitably I'll get T-boned in the intersection...

I have a couple good CD's in my car...

I love singing in my car...

But dang it when is the light going to turn green?

I also have my cell phone (with hands free ear piece of course) and plenty of great friends to talk to...

And so I sit, with my foot on the break...

Trying to appreciate the blue sky outside, very little rain, and only the occasional splatter of bird poop...

It's always better to wait for the light to turn green, than risk getting smashed to pieces and going before the time is right.

So here I sit, with my foot on the break at a red light.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Very well said!! Love you!! :D I think I struggle with the school zones. Wanting to speed up but realizing the importance of going slow.

Anonymous said...

Talk about Metaphor.