Sunday, June 9, 2013

Kindred Spirits




I have a friend that I babysat for this week. It was delightful to hold her sleeping 1 month old for about an hour and half after his year and half old sister fell asleep also. At one point I went to put him down to sleep, but I couldn't pass up the chance to just cuddle with a sweet sleeping snuggler.

Tiffany came over today with a thank you package. It said I probably needed a vacation after watching her kids and since she couldn't send me to Hawaii she brought a tropical vacation to me... it included coconut juice, a lime, coconut-lime lotion, and white-chocolate-macadamian-cocnut-lime cookies. If I may be so bold to say, Tiffany reminds me of me. That package is just the kind of thing I like to do for others. When she left I told her we are like kindred spirits. Then I thought of Anne and Diana from Anne of Green Gables. I just had to look up the above clip. From the minute I met her in Walnut Creek I knew we would be friends!

Her package was just what I needed. It was kind of a weird day for me and I was constantly looking for things to be grateful for. Luckily I found a ton, like getting back scratches at church, dinner with my dad, and seeing cool cloud formations outside. Another thing I am grateful for is that the roses I bought myself yesterday opened up and they are gorgeous!

Thank you Tiffany for being so thoughtful!



(And thank you Tamara for the nice roses you bought yourself! One day the love of your life will buy them for you instead. Until then enjoy what you get, even if it is from yourself. )

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness, thank you for sharing the clip. I am so watching this with my kids this week! Will you be my kindred spirit??? I know you can't just ask and say yes, you have to already be. But will you?
The clouds were awesome today, so pretty!

tiffromney said...

LOL! awww...I want to go watch that movie now! "But I don't have any black tresses..." "We shouldn't swear. Aren't we in enough trouble already?" Ha ha! So classic. Thank you, Tamara, for being a kindred spirit. You are truly a blessing in my life and I am so grateful to know you!