Saturday, June 29, 2013

Self Absorbed for a Few Moments


A few weeks ago my coworker was having a bad day. She was telling her grandma about it, to which her grandma responded- oh suck it up, life is hard!  

Last night I felt like this... 


 AAAAAAA!!!!!!! I came home to my empty apartment and thought- this stinks! I don't want to be here tonight. I don't want to eat dinner on my couch alone tonight. I thought of every excuse to be sad or frustrated. My dad was in Alaska, couldn't get a hug from him. My BFFs had company in town, they weren't avaliable to spend time with. I was sad over my last patient whose condition broke my heart. My heart was feeling tender over a mentally ill friend who has run off. I tried being little Miss Independent and put up my new curtains, only to be frustrated at my lack of knowledge on how to drill a few holes with a very capable drill I borrowed. I watched a sad episode of a TV show.  And as it sometimes does, those moments turn into- I-hate-being-single moments. Somehow my good week and good day, turned into a pity party. Well I put myself to bed early for a Friday night and hoped Saturday morning would be sunnier. (No doubt it will when the high today is 106 degrees.) 

It's Saturday Morning. I don't feel all woe is me. I probably could have used my coworkers grandma last night saying- suck it up! 

I will take a few self-absorbed moments  to show why I do NOT hate my life. 

Listen up Tamara, suck it up and get a hold of yourself!



Kayaking in Cabo, Mexico with Sexy Chick Michelle

Lifting heavy tree limbs. Oh look, it is Sexy Chick Michelle again. (Arizona, you are lucky to have her!)

My mom is gorgeous, and they say I look just like her. I will age well! 

Teaching younger generations the power of a bicep flex, although this one seems to have her own personal style and I like it.



The Beast's Library at Disneyland told me I am most like Cinderella. Heck yeah!

Still a daddy's girl. Always and forever!

Sexy Chick one and Sexy Chick two in San Diego. Yep, we are a bit too cocky...



Need I say more?

32 and still wearing a tiara!

I may not have my own kids, but I'm a khala, a Tia, and Aunt T to a lot of cute 2nd cousins, nieces and nephews.


...some of the cute cousins

I've been blessed with good health.

I get to travel to beautiful places!

....more of the super fun cousins I get to be crazy with!





Saavy?

I may have days that stink, I mean, who doesn't? But the majority of my days are full of light, hope, happiness, joy, and love. So next time I feel trapped in a cage made of bones and want to scream... 

I say,  GRRRR BRING IT!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This post brightened my day! We all have these feelings and you are a great example of how to count our blessings and see the good! I'm so glad to know you and keep up with you via your awesome blog!

Jessica said...

Way to count your blessings. We need to have you over so you feel comfortable popping in the next time you are blue (if being with 4 kids is what may make you feel better :).