Sunday, May 19, 2013

Fairy-Tale Happy


People ask me how my dad feels about my mom's weight loss. It's an odd question to me that I am never sure how to answer. My mom looks amazing for sure, but I've always felt my dad has treated my mom with love and affection regardless of her weight.  He always kisses her when he returns home and before he leaves. They cuddle on the couch. They hold hands. What has changed on the part of my father? Nothing. Nothing needed to change. I've always felt he was crazy in love with my mom. 

Here they are after 33 years of marriage. Mom can once again fit into the dress she wore for their engagement pictures. 
The exact original dress!



Don't they look just fairy-tale happy? 
 

Yesterday at the gym mom wanted to find a 70 lb weight. Since August, 2012 she has lost 70 lbs! She was shocked at just how heavy the weight was. With that weight gone, no wonder she is as light as a feather and has a happy bounce in her step!

 

So proud of my momma, beautiful inside and out! She is strong and brave, and an amazing example to me. Way to go mom!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I really like this post, because you're right! And I love you're parents! What a great example to the rest of us.

tiffromney said...

That is amazing! Way to go Sister Kelm! But I like what you said that your Dad has not changed in his love for her. That is true love and how it should be. But wow, what an accomplishment for her and her health.

Jessica said...

Now the question is, can your dad fit into that suit he wore?! Just kidding. I'm impressed she kept the dress!
Your parents are dreamy and I'm so grateful the are shared with the ward :)