Saturday, November 10, 2012

"I know it, I live it, I love it"... me too!



This is a talk by Sister Ann Dibbs, called "I know it, I live it, I love it." She talks about that phrase being what she would put on a t-shirt to summarize boldly who she is. She said-

A few years ago, I was in line to make a purchase at my local grocery store. Ahead of me stood a young woman, about 15 years old. She appeared confident and happy. I noticed her T-shirt and couldn’t resist talking to her. I began, “You’re from out of state, aren’t you?”
She was surprised by my question and replied, “Yes, I am. I’m from Colorado. How did you know?”
I explained, “Because of your T-shirt.” I made my accurate supposition after reading the words on her shirt, “I’m a Mormon. Are you?”
I continued, “I must tell you that I’m impressed by your confidence to stand out and wear such a bold declaration. I see a difference in you, and I wish every young woman and every member of the Church could have your same conviction and confidence.” Our purchases completed, we said good-bye and parted.
Yet for days and weeks after this random everyday moment, I found myself seriously reflecting upon this encounter. I wondered how this young girl from Colorado came to possess such confidence in her identity as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I couldn’t help but wonder what meaningful phrase I would figuratively choose to have printed on my T-shirt reflecting my belief and testimony. In my mind, I considered many possible sayings. Eventually, I came upon an ideal statement I would proudly wear: “I’m a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it.”

What would MY shirt say? I think you already know! 



Click here to see the birth and history of Take Action.



(Flor- a fellow Take Action founder, Larissa and I in 2010 on our way to a cruise!)

Desiree and Michelle, the other Take Action Founders- wearing our Take Action shirts on the most recent cruise.    


I sure do love these girls and the inspiration they give me! 

I am a Mormon, I know it, I live it, I love it...because I know how to Take Action!

No comments: