Sunday, November 25, 2012

And the 2012 Christmas Season Begins!

Christmas Season in Apt #1014 has started.  
On Friday I came home to this...
 
My parents had the lights on and waiting for me!

And inside was this. The detergent mom bought me at Costco and a lovely Poinsettia! 

Yesterday the Kelm's went to the Elgin Christmas Tree Farm to cut down our trees. OUR trees, because I decided my apartment needed its very own! 

I came home with this 5 1/2 foot beauty!  





As I decorated it, I watched "While You Were Sleeping". Two favorite parts to the movie. "These mashed potatoes are so creamy", and the scene where the kid delivering the morning newspaper slides on the ice. It is such a random  scene, but I anticipate it ever time I watch it with happy memories. I saw the movie 1995 with my cousin Bethy Boo. For some reason we laughed hysterically at that scene. I remember it with a fond emotional attachment.






I am so excited for Christmas...the whole season. Full of joys, anticipation, excitement, peace, and love. May you also feel the sweet spirit of the season that celebrates Jesus Christ.


3 comments:

Jessi said...

Beautiful tree!!! :) Every time I eat mashed potatoes I say "These mashed potatoes are so creamy." And then I laugh. Usually no one else gets it. ;) Oh! I keep forgetting to call you back!

Jessica said...

A beautiful tree indeed! I'm beginning to think it might do me well to give your parents a key to my house too...you know, just in case they are in the neighborhood :)
Fun surprises, Merry Christmas!

Elizabeth said...

The scene with the paperboy slipping on the ice is one of my favorites in that movie too! No one ever thinks it's as funny as I do. I knew we were kindred spirits. ;)