Saturday, February 25, 2012

Today Is Great!

Today has been great...

Woke up super early to drive down to the San Antonio Temple with my delightful friend Melissa Smith. I participated in several different ordinances for the dead. I got to spend a lot of quiet time reflecting. I felt very content and calm. There was an 80+ year old man receiving the temple blessings for himself and immediately following he joined his wife in the sealing room to be sealed forever to his sweetheart.
That was heart warming!

Then I had a fabulous nap! I love Sunday naps the best,
but Saturday naps are good too.

Then I strapped on my new heart rate monitor/calorie counter and headed for the gym. I was super stiff from my weight class on Thursday and thought I'd loosen up a bit. I started with 3 miles in mind. Then two miles into it I pulled a trick on myself-
ha ha, you're going 4 miles I said!
At four miles I slowed down and walked a mile...
then I pulled another trick-
ha ha, you're going one more mile!
And I did! Wahoo!!!!
700 calories burned!

And now I am about to go meet one of my best friends for some
delicious Indian food and a chick flick.

So why the boring commentary on my life with no pictures? Because when days are rough, I need to remember days like today. It is a near perfect Saturday!
My life is rich and full, and I have so much to be grateful for!
I am truly blessed with much happiness!

Like I said in my last post, I am not defeated!

2 comments:

Emily Jane said...

Sounds like an overall good day =) Good fun, and way to be!

tiffromney said...

Glad you are not defeated. you are simply too awesome to be defeated!!! (but of course I also have days like you wrote about in the previous post;) That sounds like a great day and I am impressed by your stamina in exercising.