Thursday, February 16, 2012

Chivalry

I saw this on a friend's facebook. I really liked it. I recently went out with a guy friend. I was excited all day because I knew doors would be opened for me. Small and silly? Perhaps...but for some reason it just makes me feel good.




"Some will call me hopefully old fashioned. Feminist and those more liberal minded will decry it as a way of life that is simply bloodshed, war and women seen as a possession. It's not. A chivalrous man, has no desire to control and direct a woman's thoughts, but to allow her to live without constraint, loved unconditionally, free from pesky dragons and telemarketers. He will not only arm himself with the tools he as to protect her, he will smile when she takes up her own. He will fight for her. He will fight with her." -Brigid

The picture on facebook included this quote. (Don't know who Brigid is.)

1 comment:

Sokphal said...

Chivalry is NOT dead! I didn’t think I was that type of girl who cared about opening doors, but you know what? It’s nice to be treated like a lady/princess. :)