Sunday, February 12, 2012

The One Where Tamara Gets Stopped At Airport Security



You've seen this picture before. I love this pic!
I mean look at those cool goggles, the sweet jean jacket,
and the awesome 22 rifle in my hand!

I recently came back from a trip to Utah with my mom.
At the Salt Lake Airport I got stopped at security.
My bag went through the x-ray machine and they pulled it off the conveyor belt.
The security guard went straight for my wallet and started sifting through it.
He opened up the coin compartment and I knew what was going on.
He pulled out a bullet. It was a 22.
He held it up and said- "What is this doing in here?"
I told him I kept it after the shooting range as a souvenir.
I had forgotten it was in there.
I was asked to show my boarding pass, my I.D, and those along with my bullet
were taken and the man walked away.
Knowing it was purely innocent mistake, I didn't stand there scared or nervous.
Honestly my thought was this-

"Crap! He is going to take away my bullet! "

Luckily he returned, sternly told me that it was a prohibited item
and put it in a yellow safe and locked it up. I was told I could continue on.

Guess I was lucky nothing more happened.
I suppose I should have been more worried and more careful.
But like I said,it was an innocent mistake.

I'm still saying to myself-

"Crap! He took away my bullet!"


1 comment:

tiffromney said...

Oh man. That totally stinks. I'm impressed you weren't nervous! Sorry about your bullet...