Friday, August 23, 2013

L.O.V.E ... Lots of Varied Expressions

L.O.V.E.

Lots of Various Expressions...

My mom has been counting down on Facebook for week now to her and my dad's 34th Wedding Anniversary. It is delightful to see her post a new picture each day. I am not sure what is extraordinary about 34, but perhaps in this scary crazy world we live in, a truly happy marriage of 34 years is extraordinary! That is one expression of love.
Love is extraordinary.

I had a patient this week tell me that his wife is his second wife. He was on a honeymoon for 39 years before his 1st wife passed away from cancer. He's been married to wife number 2 for 10 years now. 
Love is beautiful! 

Two weeks ago I was sitting in a rocking chair. I was looking down into my nephew's sweet face and tears came to my eyes. He has been on this earth 3 months. He has no verbal form of communication besides crying when he is hungry, wet, wants you to stand up, or smiling and cooing when you talk to him. He is perfect and precious. I can't believe how much I love that little man. 
Love is unconditional. 

A few years ago I fell for a charming and handsome man. We became good friends. We would talk for hours. I fell in love with him, and he said he loved me. We were never meant to move beyond friendship, and it broke my heart. He moved on, he got married, and I moved on. I never regretted anything, but sometimes I wondered if I made the whole love stuff up in my head. Recently he became a dad. I gave up the hurt a long time ago, but I didn't know how I'd react to seeing pictures. The reaction surprised me, and most pleasantly! When I saw pictures I was full of joy and happiness for my friend and his growing new family...love!
Love is healing. 

To oversimplify, a dear friend and I had a falling out. It was hard. Things seem to be patched up. Love is long lasting.   


Love is extraordinary.
Love is beautiful.
Love is unconditional.
Love is healing. 
Love is long-lasting. 



So I haven't found the "Love of my life" as I refer to him, and I ache to know who he is, when he will come into my life, if he will come into my life, and I want so much for MORE. My lesson learned tonight is that although the "Love of my life" is not yet in my life, love is in my life. 
I feel love.
 I see love.
 I am loved. 
I love. 

There is your sappiness for a quiet Friday night. 

That being said, "Romeo, Romeo, where the heck art thou Romeo?"
  Take your time, I'll keep waiting!


No comments: