Friday, September 7, 2012

For the millionth time



For the millionth time, yesterday in the pool with a patient, I was asked-

"How is a woman like you still single?"

I realize that this is not asked to be critical. 

I realize perhaps the inquirer is not meaning any harm by the statement. 

I realize it is a question asked without realizing how sensitive the subject is. 

I realized that in most cases I should take it as a compliment, they think I am a great individual and can't believe I haven't been snatched up. 

Some days I my brain reacts rationally, sometimes it reacts emotionally. Here are a few things that run through my mind, and luckily most of it stays in my head and don't leave my lips...

How is a woman like you still single?

*Are you implying there is something wrong with me? 
*You think I am too picky and looking for perfection don't you...well you are wrong!
*Oh no, you about to try to set me up with someone aren't you? AAAAAAGGGGHHHH! Run away!
* Don't feel sorry for me! 
*I ask myself that question all the time. 
*It's a mystery isn't it. 
*I know, and they say my eyelashes would attract any man.
*I know, and they say the way to a mans heart is through his stomach but my chocolate chip cookies are famous but still no ring on my finger!
*I'm still single because I am on Plan A...God's plan. Believe me I have been praying for the love of my life to show up, and my prayers aren't unanswered, they are being answered in His time.  

Then the inquirer usually answers their own question or decides they need to give me some reassurance.

*Oh don't worry, it will happen. 
 
What do I actually say? 

*The love of my life has just not showed up yet.


Until he does, I'm going to keep on trying to be amazing!

Carrying logs at Blunn Nature Preserve with Michelle Clements, proving that our muscles are for more than just vanity.

How is a woman like me still single? 

.... because I am on Plan A...God's plan.  I have been praying for the love of my life to show up, and my prayers aren't unanswered, they are being answered in His time. 



No comments: