Friday, March 30, 2012

Miles Per Hour



If you have already seen this, keep reading. This clip is from You Tube,  the girl who can't figure out how long it would take to go 80 miles if you were traveling 80 MPH? 

So this really happened today at work in the pool...

My coworker was near some equipment I wanted to use. He tossed two hand-held noodles to me and I caught both at the same time. He said it was because of his throwing skills. I said it was a team effort. He said- 70-20? Yes, Jacob...er, um, I mean coworker, 
70% +20%=100% Ha, he realized he could not do the math. It reminded him of a funny story. He asked my patient, his patient,  and I if we had seen the You Tube clip of the girl who can't figure out  how long it would take to go 80 miles if you were traveling 80 MPH...a.k.a. miles per hour. He described the video, telling us about the girl calculating how fast she run when she is in shape versus not in shape to help her come to the conclusion. We were all laughing at this description. Then, his patient said to him...

"So how long would it take? Like a little over an hour right?"

She was totally serious. We were laughing so hard!

Great way to end the week!

No comments: