Friday, March 2, 2012

Texas Independence Day Y'all!


Hello friends who once lived in Texas, love Texas, or are native
Texans never wanting to leave...

Did you know today is Texas Independence Day? 176 Years of
Independence from Mexico!

I looked up some cool facts.

http://www.celebratetexas.org - here you can see another version of
the flag, it is a flag of the revolution.

To celebrate I'm going to eat some brisket today and run a 5K tomorrow
down Congress. There is a parade on congress after the 5K.

I also looked up some quotes by David Crockett. Here is his personal
motto 1.) "Be always sure you're right-then go a-head!"

2.) "...you may all go to hell and I will go to Texas." Did you know
this was in Tennessee in reference to loosing a congressional election
to a "peg-legged lawyer" and then he decided to leave the state?

Then once he got to Texas he said this...

3.) "I must say as to what I have seen of Texas it is the garden spot
of the world. The best land and the best prospects for health I ever
saw, and I do believe it is a fortune to any man to come here. "

Happy Texas Independence Day Y'all !!!!


4 comments:

Sokphal said...

I've never been to Texas. Just to be able to wear those hats down the street makes me want to go there even more.

Rebecca said...

Yay Texas! Also, Dr. Seuss day. So many things to celebrate. :)

Elizabeth said...

That looks like so much fun!! (Didn't know you got to celebrate with Chanda and Shaleen. Lucky!) I miss you girls and Texas a lot!!

tiffromney said...

Texas is pretty cool, I must admit. I really want that green hat...