Monday, March 12, 2012

Never Suppress a Generous Thought


A former patient of mine still comes to use the pool independently. It has been well over a year since I treated her. We say hello each week and she always asks for updates on my life. She is older than my mother, but I consider her a friend. A few weeks ago she saw I was looking not quite myself in the pool and knew I was having a rough day. Nobody else had noticed all day. I heard her mention just before spring arrived that she liked bluebonnets. I decided this weekend to paint her a present.
I painted this...


So here is the cool part. I wrapped it up all cute today and gave it to her. She told me she has had a lot of company in the house and it exhausted from feeding several grandsons, a visiting brother-in-law, and her husband and was dreading going home. She said the painting made her day and she knew exactly where it was going to go. I didn't know the timing would be perfect...but God did.

As Sister Camilla Kimball said- "Never suppress a generous thought!"

2 comments:

Nadia said...

we were just saying, God works in mysterious ways!

tiffromney said...

That is awesome. Great job on the painting, too. She will treasure that for years to come, I bet.