Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Shooting, Mariachi, and Salsa Dancing!

December December...where have you gone? Already the 20th really?
Yikes! Time flies.

Here are a few things I did this month...


That is me with a 22 pistol!


I got some lessons on how to load and safety from the good friend who lent them to me, and then took another friend shooting for his birthday. I borrowed three pistols, a 22, 9mm, and 45mm. Wow, talk about kickback, the 9 and 45 were a bit much for me but so fun to shoot! I totally looked like I knew what I was doing!


Then there were two rifles we borrowed. Semi-automatics are fun! The guy next to us let us shoot a few rounds with his rifle that had a scope. We shot from 100 yards away and just about got a bulls eye!


I can't believe how much I really enjoyed shooting!


Then later in the month I went to a wedding of a family friend - Mariano Ruiz.

America Forster (Ruiz) and I at the reception. She is Mariano's sister, and one of my best/longest friends. It was fun getting all pretty for the night.

America's girls Faith and Angel with their Tia Tamara!


Mariano was Paul's counselor in the Elder's Quorum Presidency at one point, so I got to hang out with him at the reception for a bit as well.

What I don't have a picture of is the salsa dancing I did with a complete stranger from Mexico. Some young guy named Jesus. He spun me around and it was a blast!

I also sang some mariachi songs with Jose Ruiz (Mariano's dad) and danced to the mariachi band with my dad.

Life is good. Oh to be young and Me!

No comments: