Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year's Eve Eve Pity Party

Pity Party

Throwing myself a 5 minute pity party.
I will return to my normal, happy, positive self shortly.
I really have no good reason to complain.
But here is the thing...

I hate New Year's Eve.

I don't want to hate it. I want to celebrate it big.
I want to dance my heart out to good music with lots of friends.
I want to count down loudly, and cheer at the top of my lungs.
I want to sing that song I don't know the words to.
But really, I want the kiss at midnight by a man who is crazy about me.
Never had that chance, so everything else seems to be a disappointment.

That is why I hate New Year's Eve.

My second best option is a small group of close friends,
and a glass of Martinelli's Sparkling cider.
Not so bad. It will have to do.

So really my life is not all that bad.

Maybe I need to follow this advice from the San Diego Zoo.



"Tigers usually live alone, but communicate up to a mile away by roaring. A mother roars to call her wandering cubs. Adults roar after catching food. They also roar "I'm looking for a mate." Sometimes a roar means "Don't bother me. Stay away".
Tigers know the difference. "


Rooooooooaaaaarrrrr!!!!!!!
(and that doesn't mean "Don't bother me. Stay away".)

1 comment:

tiffromney said...

So sometime we will have to have a bonding chat about this. When I was single, I HATED New Year's Eve. I mean HATED HATED! I have some pretty funny stories I think you will appreciate. Now that I'm married, all the pressure of New Year's is gone and it's almost just another day...so interesting.