Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Operation Hedgehog



As often happens, I am spending a lot of energy in places that should not and I am worn out! I love my job, but I am so tired every day. My back is flared up again and I am trying hard to get that under control. There is one particular area that involves a man, a most handsome man (shocking I know!), who has been a blessing in my life, but at the same time I have put way more energy into than I should. I am worn down and it is time to make some changes. As I talked with a friend this weekend she told me I need to be more like a hedgehog. As per wikipedia, they curl up in a tight ball and their spines protect them as a defense. Now she was not suggesting I curl up and hide, but rather that tightly put on some armor and conserve some energy. So Operation Hedgehog is underway! I am under way to be more refreshed, enthusiastic, happy, and a more useful instrument in the hands of God.

Just in time, I was 5 minutes from my home this morning and on my way to work. I got a call saying my 9am patient cancelled and I didn't have anyone till this afternoon. Wahoo! I turned around and came home. I needed a break! I was able to spend time decorating my apartment. My fabulous aunt JoAnn sent me a link to lacybella.com...they make vinyl wall decor. She saw the wall decal "Bloom Where You Are Planted" (hello, look at the name of this blog!) and thought of me. This website will also let you submit a personalized saying. Well, I was so on it! I also ordered "Take Action" and "Absolutely Brilliant".

I have them up and looking just as I envisioned.

This is how they were packaged. So girlie, I love it!




"Bloom Where You Are Planted"- I first felt inspired by this quote when Elder David A. Bednar visited Austin,TX. Although my life is not exactly how I had planned, I am AMAZINGLY blessed. I would be very ungrateful if I do not bloom in the spot that God has put me in. I took the photos that surround the quote on the wall.


"Absolutely Brilliant"- thanks to the hilarious DJ Jay on the cruise last year, four of my friends and I know what it means to be brilliant, and we inspire each other frequently with this saying! On this wall is a collection of first sunrises of 2010 and 2011, and a sunset from the cruise in 2010 to remind me that each day is new, and the end of the day is also filled with beauty if we seek it.


"Take Action" - what can I say more? Don't wait for life to happen. Take Action! Faith requires action, and then the power to accomplish all things will follow! I add, Take Action Fearlessly.



I saw this greeting card a few weeks ago. I liked it. Not that I am terrified, but I am at this point afraid of what it is going to take to patiently wait upon God for the things I want in my life. But, being fearless means I press forward anyways!

Operation Hedgehog, roger that, over and out...

3 comments:

Rebecca J said...

I love those wall quotes! I'm going to have to check out that site. And I love your positive outlook on life--it's so inspiring!

Jenn Hansen said...

Way to go Tamara! You are doing amazing things with your life!

Elizabeth said...

Love the wall hangings, and all your decorations! Your apartment is so cute, I hope I'll get to see it in person someday! And Rebecca is right, your positive outlook is inspiring!