Tuesday, May 11, 2010

100th Blog! Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence


Can it be? Have I shared 99 thoughts filled with the randomness in my head? Lucky you!

I just finished my last day of the semester. Two and half weeks off, then one more semester to go-4 weeks of school, 6 weeks at my final clinical rotation. This last rotation taught me a lot, it was a tough one, but a good experience. I had an especially rough day one week ago from today. I had to step outside for 5 minutes to re-collect my thoughts before finishing the day. I was thrilled when this scripture came to mind:

Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward.
For ye have need of patience that, after ye have done the will of God,
ye might receive the promise.
Hebrews 10:35-36

Confidence is something I felt lacking of with the rotation. It is a horrible feeling. I marched back in, and finished out the day and the week on a positive note.

I had a conversation with a good friend this week about how we hit periods of social awkwardness. Sometimes it is just hard to be confident in a large room of friends and acquaintances and all you want to do it run and hide or just stay home alone. She told me it is better to go against that pull to retreat. That is something else I would like to be more confident in. I am usually comfortable socially but have felt out of place. I shall be confident and follow her advice.

There are a lot of other areas of life that I need to be more confident in, and because of hope, I can do it. Luckily I've been blessed with tender mercies of the Lord over and over, and more recently I've seen some glimpses of promises He made me. A little preachy I know, but no less true. Confidence and patience, a re-occurring theme of 2010...more to be learn. I'm ready!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Super proud of you!