Sunday, January 31, 2010

Another One Bites the Dust...

...and then there was one...

In October we painted pumpkins, a tradition we do rather than carve since carved pumpkins in this humid climate get all moldy super fast. Another tradition is to then leave the pumpkins out until they rot months later. I am quite vocal about my opinion of this, I find it silly to have Halloween decorations displayed in February! However, my parents like it, and they are after all the homeowners and can do whatever they want. (My pumpkin is never makes it that long.) When we painted the last set of them, my grandparents were in town visiting.

Here are our final products...




Well up till this week mom's and Grandma Kelm's pumpkins were still holding on strong. Yesterday we discovered Grandma's had split open and was oozing. ICK!

Now mom's is the lone pumpkin survivor. She wins! Go mom!

No comments: