Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Patiences Ultimately Leads To Hope

Last night I was studying patience. I love it when I remember something I read months ago and can go back to it and receive more light. Larry Hiller's “Hope: The Misunderstood Sister,” (Ensign, Jun 2009, 8–9) is an excellent article about Hope. He references Romans 5:3-5. Tribulation leads to patience, patience leads to experience, and experience leads to hope. Experiences shows us that God does come through for us, therefore we can hope for future blessings because we had the Lord by our side along other life challenges. I really like this poem included in the article. Enjoy!


Walking with Two Sisters

By Larry Hiller

Faith walks before me,
Holding up her lamp
As I try not to stumble in the ink-dark hours before the dawn.
Her light illuminates
One step and then another.
Beside me, Hope, arm linked with mine, encourages and steadies.
Sometimes in the tedium,
Distracted by the pain,
My mind begins to wander, then my feet. I hesitate.
Unsure, I look to Hope.
Her hand takes mine.
The touch reminds me of another hand held out to me,
One pierced and scarred
Yet oh so tender
Lifting me and blessing me when I had fallen and despaired.
Remembering,
I move ahead
Buoyed up by Hope, who sees the end with perfect clarity.

No comments: