Sunday, February 2, 2014

January


 I ask my patients every day what they have been up to lately. I really want to know, I like having conversation with them and getting to know them. Somehow when the question is addressed to me I sometimes draw a blank, as if my life is boring and I sit around doing nothing at all. So I consulted my phone. What have you been up to lately Tamara?


Trying new recipes, like Stuffed Zucchini! 





And mom's homemade bread...

 


...and apple pie

 



I possibly broke my little toe while getting ready to take a shower. Toilet bowl 1, Tamara 0. 
 
 

It really hurt and thank goodness I had a nasty bruise to prove it! 


The day I smashed my toe I took myself on to a movie all by myself. Never done that before. And I might add, not just any theater, a fancy one with leather recliners and yummy food. I treated myself to 2 hours of watching Chris Pine in "Jack Ryan, New Recruit" and french fries with cheese, bacon, and sour cream. No pic of this one, I mean how lame is a selfie at the movie theater? 

 

 I dressed up for a Downton Abbey party for the season premiere. 



 I tried a new-to-me Austin Restaurant. Mother's Cafe! I got the very delicious enchiladas verdes. Yummy! 




I survived 2 ice days in Austin, Texas. Check out these awesome icicles on the bumper of my car! 
 

 Yes, it has been a very productive month indeed!

No comments: