Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Run, Run, Run




I love my brothers a lot. (I love my sister in law too, but this is about the boys tonight.)

I love this one because there is always a melody playing in his head and he often let's the world know what he is hearing by singing us a tune.



I also love him because he is going to make an aunt out of me come May! 




But this one is the reason for this blog entry tonight...
 

Back in December he was averaging 2 miles of running on the treadmill each time he worked out. Then we came up with a challenge. I said something like, 

"Hey Devin, let's both pick an amount of miles we each want to run in January." 

I ran 27 the month of December and I decided to shoot for 45 miles. Devin responded by saying something like, 

"I'll do 100 miles." 

I admit, I was thought, yeah right. Sure you will, you don't know how hard that will be. Well guess what folks, a week early, he reached his goal. The first day he ran in January  he did 6 miles.  Last night I was talking to him on the phone. I told him I had done 38 miles and had 7 miles to go and 2 days to do it in. He said, 

"Run it all at once." 

The most I've ran in January at one time was 5. I said,

 "No way, I can't do that." 

Today I went to the gym after work. I decided I would do 4-5 miles. At 5 miles I slowed down to cool off...but then I heard Devin in my head- 

do all 7 at once!

So, I did!  I was completely inspired by him taking the challenge head on and rocking it!  Thanks Devin!

February Goal:

flatten my abs- meaning, see if I can loose 2 inches in my waist to be back where I was 6 months ago. 

Game on!



2 comments:

Jessica said...

You said it girl! Game on! I gotta get me in shape too, though you are looking smashing and quite in shape already! I thought you looked so beautiful at the dance and I love the style you got going on!
Go you!

Sokphal said...

You both should sign up for a race together. (I have no idea where your brother lives, but fun idea, no?)