Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Fish you say?

I agreed to feed a friends cat while she and her husband went out of town for Christmas. Oh, and her husbands fish...

Fish?

You mean sprinkle a few flakes on the top of the aquarium each day?

Um, not really.

Here are what he fish look like.



And I think they are called Axolotl. Click here for a description. They are in the salamander family.



And this is how they eat



That is a frozen bloodworm in my fingers. They float. So you have to reach your arm in the tank, holding the bloodworm in your fingers, because they float to the top. Then they suck them out of your fingers.

She told me  the fish could go every other day feeding. So I picked that option.  First attempt I got 2 of the 3 fish to eat. The third was hiding. The following day I got the 3rd to eat. That was not without drama though. I had my right arm in the tank, and it was coming up to eat. I got startled and jerked my hand away, splashing water all over and ended up cutting my wrist. It is not a bad cut by any means, but it is my little battle wound!  My third feeding today I managed to feed all 3 without any drama!

Thank you Audrei for testing my bravery. Courage is in check!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I have no idea what that first picture is of, but it scares me! You're brave!