Sunday, October 9, 2011

Rain is a Miracle

I believe in miracles.

The Bible dictionary says..

"Miracles should not be regarded as deviations from the ordinary course of nature so much as manifestations of divine or spiritual power...Miracles were and are response to faith and its best encouragement. They were never wrought without prayer, felt need, and faith."

I woke up at 5:30 am to a sound I did not recognize. Turns out, it was pouring rain! Yes, it rained for a few hours in Austin, Texas.

That was a miracle.

The Austin, Texas Stake of Zion fasted for rain on the first Sunday of September.

And in God's own time, the rain finally came.

Makes me stop to pause.

Today is fast Sunday once again.

If my faith and prayers were heard from an act of faith a month ago, and today is fast Sunday again...I have every reason to trust that the Most Powerful Being in the Universe will hear my prayers yet again. Makes me want to pay a little more attention to the condition of my heart and the substance of my prayers on this new Sabbath day. And in His own time, my prayers will again be answered.

Fills me with hope. Just in the nick of time...

No comments: