Monday, September 5, 2011

Heaps of Love!





"Makes me that much strongerMakes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me l
earn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smar
terSo thanks for making me a fighter"


Warrior Pose!


I am not one for change. I lived in the same apartment complex at BYU for 3 years! Then I lived at home for a very long time before moving into my own apartment. I've been in the same ward in Austin, Texas for 9 years. This past weekend, I made a change. It was time to switch things up, and I am now attending
the Walnut Creek ward, a family ward, meaning it is not made up with just LDS singles. I anticipated a very rough day. Turns out, I'm a bit more dramatic then I need to be. (surprise surprise!) A friend told me- "you are not going to be any different of a person Sunday then you are today!". He was wise, thanks! I am in a ward where my dad is Bishop. Now let's think about this. I get to attend church where the man who loves me more than any other man is this world is. AND, I got to sit by my mom and got a back scratch! Can I be any more blessed then that?

This blog is an expression of gratitude. Gratitude to my Heavenl
y Father for the richness that is my life. Gratitude for the heaps and heaps of love and support I have around me. These are people who specifically thought of me or checked in on me yesterday, and I know prayed for me. I felt all of your prayers. It gave me strength! Thank you so much!














5 comments:

Tonia Talks said...

You are always so insightful I love that about you

Orlando said...

and you were called as a RS Instructor on your first day in the ward!

Nadia said...

you know you always give so much credit for the things people do...makes one feel like wow i didnt' realize something i did meant to much. Thank you for being such a good friend and sister to me!

mlh said...

Awesome! You're going to be so darn awesome. You are awesome. I said "awesome" a lot. I like you. Let's play more.

Kathryn said...

OH TAMARA! :) I love this post!