Friday, September 9, 2011

7 year old wisdom- "He was eaten by a fish!"

Conversation that occurred in the pool during a physical therapy session with a 7 year old boy.


Boy: Do you have kids?
Me: No, I am not married.
Boy: You aren't married? I know a 17 year old who is married and has a baby.
Me: Nope, not married. The love of my life is lost.
Boy: Really? What happened to him?
Me: Well he hasn't showed up yet, so he must be lost somewhere.
Boy: I know what happened to him.
Me: What?
Boy: He got eaten by a big fish!
Me: Really, eaten by a fish?
Boy: Yep, my dad and I went fishing and we saw a really big catfish. And you know what? One time a man was swimming and a catfish came and swallowed him up.

There you have it folks. The love of my life is lost because he was eaten by a really big catfish. I sure hope he has learned his lesson and gets spit out soon!

2 comments:

Travis B. Hartwell said...

So...you're saying the love of your life is some kind of Southern Jonah?

Shelly said...

Ha ha, too cute!