Saturday, August 13, 2011

30 and Single, and Look what I can do. Adventure #2



Who is tired of seeing my icky packed wound on this blog? I am, I am!


I’m sitting here in the Austin Airport, waiting for adventure #3 of the summer of

“I’m 30 and single, and look what I get to do!”.


Adventure #1 will be blogged about when I get the pictures,

because what fun is a blog without pictures?


Adventure #2…Maryland/Washington D.C to see my former BYU roommate Lisa Creer.

I decided earlier this summer that when you are 30 and single, you get to do things like take 4-day trips to visit friends. First trip was to Maryland to visit Lisa.

She was my roommate for two years at BYU.



We went to the D.C temple the first night I was there, thanks to her husband who stayed home with her two cute kiddos Linnea and Connor.


The next morning I treated Lisa to a pedicure as a late birthday present. Funny how we are in different stages of life, she read Family Circle and looked at recipes, while I looked at gossip magazines. While we were there her husband packed lunches and the 5 of us got in the car and headed to D.C.




We ate lunch with the Washington monument on one side, and the Capitol on the other.




We visited the Natural History Museum were Linnea and I went through the butterfly exhibit. Too bad that cute four-year old couldn’t stay still enough and giggled every time a butterfly tried to land on her. One landed on me though. It was cool to have butterflies flying all around you, so many varieties!





Sunday I shared my greatest talent, I made chocolate chip cookies. Lisa napped on the couch while Linnea and I made cookies. She suggested we add M&M’s. I thought that was brilliant. They were delicious!









Sunday evening we went to the boardwalk at Cheseapeake Beach. I did manage to get one picture of Lisa and I.




Here is the unexpected lesson learned on this trip. There is so much I have to learn, so much I can prepare for, so much to get excited for when it comes to my future family. I had a great time watching a young family. I picked up yummy recipes, got read to by a smart 4 year old, got sang to, and caught up with a dear friend. I came home blessed with this gem…although I don’t view being single as a punishment , I certainly never thought of it as an amazing blessing of time. Time to become even that much more prepared for my eventual role as a wife and mother. This time of my life is a very special blessing!

Thank you Creer family for a wonderful time!


4 comments:

BlancaGR2 said...

Awesome pictures & life! Que gozes tu aventura!

Tonia Talks said...

Sounds like you are a wise woman. Love your pictures

Panjwani said...

Nasty ... warning Nadia do not look

Panjwani said...

Cute pic Tamara .. looking hot..

Not the wound pics, I ment the muscle pic in the kitchen ...