Monday, June 20, 2011

Confidence

My confidence took a leave of absence for while. I am not sure where it went, but it sure left me feeling anxious and lacking hope. Then this weekend a few things happened....

1.) I went to the San Antonio temple with my family. That's right, Dad, Mom, Devin, and Michael. We then had a delightful lunch at mom's favorite Italian place and walked around in cave that are suppose to be millions of years old.

2.) A friend dropped by just to give me a hug. Just a 3 minute interaction, but worth far greater then she realizes.

3.) I got to hear my brother speak in church. He is someone I look up to. He reminded me that I need to be praying more sincerely for other people instead of for my own woes.

4.) I got to hear my dad speak. It was father's day. What a treat to hear my father speak on father's day. The man who loves me more than any other man on this earth! He spoke wisdom and reminded me that just because life can be tough sometimes doesn't mean I am doing anything wrong!

5.) I was reminded just how much my parents love me and pray for my well-being and success. I have all the support one would possibly need between my family, my friends, and most importantly my God.

6.) I had a good chat with a friend that I was missing on the phone. We talked briefly about confidence. What an important attribute to possess- both to have it and to be able to give it!

I woke up in a great mood. I felt a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I could see clearly again, and the woman looking back at me in the mirror was a more confident one. I appreciate the gift of confidence. The thing is you got to fight for it though. I want to fight for it! Today felt too good to let that confidence fall by the wayside.

1 comment:

Orlando Kelm said...

People keep telling me that it is possible for someone to love a daughter more than daddy does. It doesn't make sense to me, but go figure, people do say that it is possible.