Friday, September 3, 2010

Reflections

I've noticed the past few days that as I have glanced in a mirror, I see a slight change in my reflection. The woman in the reflection seems more confident, more comfortable in her own skin, and beautiful. I give the credit to a few things.

First, I am just happy right now. I am abundantly blessed, so abundantly so that my cup runneth over. The changes coming are not going to be easy- I've got a scary examination ahead of me, I have a huge learning curve zooming towards me at full speed with a new career, and I'll soon move into my own place....however I can see the hand of God in it all and can't wait to get started! All this gives me confidence that I see in my reflection.

Second, I had a great weekend last week. Sorry I am going to be vague. It involved a friend, who is a boy..I mean a man!...who I got to spend a lot of time with. I got to experience being totally myself around a guy. Just a few subtle compliments is all it took for me to not only feel beautiful, but to believe it! Several days later, I still see it in my reflection.

I like the girl I see looking back at me. I hope she sticks around....

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You're moving into a new place! That's awesome! Where are you moving to? Are you living alone or have roommates lined up?

Also, I hope to hear more details about the exciting past weekend! :) Glad things are going so well for you!

Nadia Ali Bhandari said...

i have always seen that beautiful confident girl that you are seeing in the mirror and I am glad you see it to. Even though you saw this reflection because of "a Boy" and not me. just kidding. Tamara you have no idea how how much confidence, strenght, and hope, you give people around you. Thanks for being you and thank you you for being such a great friend and sister! I love you.

Unknown said...

No joke Tamara, I love you too! You have to be one of the best friends I have. And if I had to guess, I bet that "man" (we won't call him a boy for his sake) was helped with his confidence as much as you were with yours.

Kathryn said...

I TOTALLY agree with Nadia! :D