Wednesday, September 8, 2010

UTAH!

I'm sitting the airport in Salt Lake City (love airports with free Wi-Fi). I took a break from studying for my licensure exam and decided to go visit a bunch of relatives in Utah. Life was getting a bit overwhelming and I needed a break before starting work on the 13th.


I saw lots of babies...



(Jack Boyd- named after his great-grandpa and grandpa)




(Ellie- sound asleep, it was hard work playing and eating!)


(Maddie- also asleep after her grandma calmed her down)

(Anna- another precious sleeper, soothes the soul to hold a sleeping baby)


I played in the mountains, even hiked up to Bridal Veil Falls.


I was in a talent show with St. George's finest!


I saw grandparents...



I went to a BYU football game...

(45 yard line, 8 rows up...Cassi and I had sweet tickets!)

(Half-time show featured Lavell Edwards and his all-start QBs)




On my last day I went to the Draper Temple. I went back in January and fell in love with it. I had a great experience. I have been studying a talk by Elder Jeffery R. Holland, "Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence". He uses Hebrews 10:35-39 to teach.

35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

36 For ye have need of apatience, that, after ye have done the bwill of God, ye might receive the cpromise.
37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man adraw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
39 But we are not of them who adraw back unto bperdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

I think it is just beautiful. Anybody seen the movie 13 Going on 30? At the end teenage Jenna takes Matty's hand and goes running up the stairs ready to take on the future. That's how I felt when I left the temple. I wanted to run out the doors ready to take on all that awaits me in Austin. I was just filled with excitement, confidence, and love. Thanks for the good time Utah. Here I come Austin...

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I am glad you had a good time in Utah :D

Elizabeth said...

So jealous you got to see all the famous BYU QBs. (Although I notice the lack of Steve Sarkisian in the group...haha! j/k...I guess he needed to give his team a good coach's pep talk at halftime.)

Looks like so much fun!