Sunday, July 18, 2010

Personal Revelation

Julie B. Beck, General President of the Relief Society of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints said,


I have now learned a great lesson in personal revelation, two weeks in a row. Last week I was struggling with a decision I had made. I made my mind up that I would not do something. I was sticking to my guns and trying to blaze ahead. However all that day I was miserable. I finally had a conversation with my wonderful father who helped me see that my choice was perhaps not really the best one. I had been listening to too many opinions on the matter, and I had lost sight of listening to just one voice.

Sister Beck also said,


I had to sort through all the chatter and decided that I needed to change my decision. Once I did that, the frustration and anxiety I had been feeling went away.

This morning I had the same lesson again. I guess I hadn't learned it well enough last week. I woke up feeling like I needed to do something I did not want to do. I tried filling my time with others things, it is Sunday for goodness sake, plenty of time to do good. I couldn't shake it. I finally humbled myself and said, ok, I'll do it. I needed to trust I'd know how to go about what I needed to do.


I did what I needed to do and again, I felt great peace from it.

I am grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost. I have no doubt that I am blessed when I seek to do what God wants me to do.

"Revelation can come hour by hour and moment by moment as we do the
right things."



*click on any of the quotes for a link to the talk by Sister Beck.


1 comment:

Kathryn Ragsdale said...

Tamara, I am glad you had this revelation! :)