Saturday, July 24, 2010

FEARLESS, You'd better Believe I'm FEARLESS!

I've been thinking about FEAR lately. I am sure I have blogged about this before. FEAR is the opposite of FAITH.

I told my dad today that I am very happy right now, and just waiting to see when it will end. What? Waiting to see when it ends? That is ridiculous. We were outside, he was weeding. He said," you know, Adam and Eve were commanded to till the earth, and they were also commanded to be happy." "Adam fell that men might be, and men are that they might have joy" (2 Nephi 2:25). Being happy can be a consequence, but it is also a choice. I choose to be happy. Anticipating not being happy is giving FEAR too much power.

This week I read an article by President James E. Faust called "Be Not Afraid". I love it!

"Let us not take counsel from our fears. May we remember always to be of good cheer, put our faith in God, and live worthy for Him to direct us. We are each entitled to receive personal inspiration to guide us through our mortal probation. May we so live that our hearts are open at all times to the whisperings and comfort of the Spirit."

I also downloaded Colbie Caillat's most recent album this week. Her song "Fearless" has been rolling through my head ever since. Now, I am not experiencing a heartbreak right now, so don't be confused. However I still love this song-" there's nothing you can do to me that's ever going to bury me, I'm fearless, you better believe I'm fearless!" Linking it back to more spiritual matters, putting faith in God and not taking counsel from fears is what will keep us from going under!

FEARLESS!


No comments: