Saturday, April 3, 2010

Update on the Jar of Happy Thoughts


I started filling this jar the last week of 2009. Every single day since I have written a brief "joy, hope, gratitude, or small and simple thing" that I experienced that day. I didn't know it would get full so fast. Time for a second jar or a bigger jar. I think this has helped me feel so much joy this year. Life is good, even when it is hard. What keeps me going is hope. Elder Wilford Andersen said something in conference today that basically meant- hearts may get broken, but we can still have strong spirits when we have hope. I certainly believe this is true.

Some of the things that fill this jar...

Representing Raza's Austin Khala's for his 9th Birthday Party in Houston.



Last year's tulips that came back! Purple is my favorite!


Buying scrubs for my clinical rotation doing wound care and acute care physical therapy. Don't I look official?

Here's to 9 more months of happy thoughts!

2 comments:

Az Kelms said...

Great idea for your happy thoughs jar. Are you putting the dates on each of your pieces of paper? I will send you a link to make a cute little bottle for them. (At least I thought that they were cute...I am thinking about making them for the kids for banks.)

tck4texas said...

Yep, I have strips of color paper. That etching stuff you sent me looks cool too!