Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Evils of Parking Spots!

Nothing unravels me and puts me in a lousy mood faster than the frustration of finding a parking spot, not to mention being amidst one way streets and no parking signs on a college campus. It is another reason why I need a boyfriend or husband, so he can do all the driving when we go somewhere together.

I drove around for 10 minutes trying to find a parking spot just off UT campus today. I was going to a friends apartment for pizza and a movie. I dared to go to the parking garage 2 blocks away. Why such a risk you say? Well let me just tell I was once trapped in that very garage at 2am. The dumb thing closed at like 11pm and even though I paid the automated machine, it would not let me out. Now that I think about it, it turned out to be a great memory, I had to be rescued by a handsome man. There was no handsome man to be called upon to rescue me this time. I gave in and drove to this parking garage after wanting to scream and cry in my car. I checked to see what time it closed, and much to my surprise there was a notice that said it is now open 24hr, even on the weekend. Hallelujah! Paying the five bucks was worth it. I could complain and say I then had to walk two blocks in the rain, but it was just sprinkling. The pouring rain started while I was eating delicious pizza in the apartment surrounded by friends. Not a bad evening afterall!

No comments: