Monday, February 8, 2010

Gladden the Heart and Enliven the Soul

In Sunday School Nick taught us about the creation. I liked how he did it, instead of going through each day of the creation, we talked about our favorite creations, and ended by talking about God's greatest creation- humankind!

D&C 59:18-20 Instantly came to mind.

18 Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the abenefit and the buse of man, both to please the eye and to cgladden the heart;
19 Yea, for afood and for raiment, for taste and for smell, to bstrengthen the body and to enliven the soul.
20 And it pleaseth God that he hath given all these things unto man;

Here are some things that please my eyes, gladden my heart, and enliven my soul...

Seeing Mt. Timpanogos covered in snow, as it is in the background

Because of Michael, I think kangaroos are pretty dang cool!


Don't you just love the roar of a waterfall? Sadly I cannot remember the name of this one. It is in Idaho. I visited it with Shaleen Weston.

Walking on Grandpa Hutchison's lawn.

Homegrown raspberries!


Lizards , as long as they aren't crawling on me.

Henna tatoos (beautiful but not permanent).

Easter Lilies that come back every year!

Blossoms on a peach tree.


I love watching it snow!

Tulip's around the "Ninja Turtle" hole.

Corcovado, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Not sure if Yoga is a creation, but I do enjoy it and think the poses are beautiful.


I also find that handsome men please my eyes, gladden my heart, and enliven my soul. But I just can't narrow it down enough to include here.



2 comments:

sokphal said...

Riooo! I love that place! I like your list of things that make you happy! :)

Rebecca said...

such lovely things to enjoy.

Glad to see those rotting pumpkins were on a different post!