Sunday, August 9, 2009

Courage


Courage

Two years ago I quit my full time job to begin taking pre-reqs so I could apply for the Physical Therapist Assitant program at ACC. When I left my manager gave me this figurine and said it reminded her of me. The piece is called "Courage". I thought about that today and it is just in time! This week I take finals for a very challenging summer semester. I've been thinking about hope and faith in preparation for tackling the week, but I also want courage to go face it confidently. While I was driving home from church a hymn popped in my head.

Hymn #169 "As Now We Take the Sacrament", vs. 3.

As now we praise thy name with song, the blessing of this day
Will linger in our thankful hearts, and silently we pray
For courage to accept thy will, to listen and obey
We love thee Lord, our hearts are full, We'll walk thy chosen way

Yes, courage is what I want this week. Courage makes one confident. Confidence will help you face the unknown and tackle your fears.

May you have much love, faith, hope, and courage!

ps.- this is dedicated to my cousin who needs some confidence... this goes out to you. I love you!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good luck on finals this week! You'll do great!

Kathryn said...

Hey lovely friend! :D
I am so excited that you and I have gotten so close throughout this past year. I have learned a lot from you and I love you for that....but not just that...you are a great friend and I appreciate all the prayers, love and happy, sad, mad...ect conversations that we have. I LOVE YOU FRIEND...I hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!
~Kathryn
p.s.
I love reading your blog! :D