Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Treasures in the Attic

Treasures in the Attic!

Yesterday we were trying to decide what to do in the afternoon. Devin, Michael, and I were getting nowhere picking a movie. Luckily dad came up with the brilliant idea to go in the attic, take everything out, and rearrange it. It actually turned out to be a fun activity.

Devin and Michael did all the heavy lifting while I opened up my 4 jumbo rubbermaid containers of treasures. I saw all my old barbies, my super cool 3 foot Barbie bus, Cabbage Patch Kids, Tea Sets, High School Mums, Middle School pep squad uniform, and old New Kids on the Block posters and flags.




The best item was an old ugly wig that my dad got in Brazil for me to play dress up in when I was a kid. I put that on with a wild moo-moo and don't I look stylish
















...and then I found another priceless piece of history- The Gossip Books! The gossip books were started in middle school. My friends Nadia and Natasha and I didn't just pass notes. We kept notebooks to write to each other. That way it didn't look like were passed notes. We thought we were real sneeky! They first one dates back to 1993 and the last ones end in high school somewhere. I hung out with the two of them last night and we had a lot of fun reading from them. Teenage girls can be so dramatic!

Always fun at the Kelm house...

2 comments:

Az Kelms said...

WOO! What my girls would have done to get their hands on that big barbie bus. They would have loved that thing. How fun to find all these treasures. What did the boys find for treasures? BTW, loved the new look with the mumu. You are stylin'.

Shelly said...

Loved your new kids on the block photos with memorabilia! sounds like that was tons of fun to go through all of your old treasures!