Sunday, July 16, 2017

Savory Biscuits from Paul Hollywood and the Great British Baking Show

When you've been waiting 10 hours for the AC technician to come to your house, you kick yourself to discover at hour 9 that you could have been watching the Masterclasses for the Great British Baking Show.  Today I decided to make Paul's Savory Biscuits.

One half of the dough was turned into poppyseed biscuits with sesame seeds on top, and the other half tomato and cheese biscuits.

Click here for the recipe


I have to say I am a bit unimpressed with the flavor. I'm pretty sure I converted the recipe from the metric measurements correctly. And the poppyseed portion was too dry,I should have added more water like I did the tomato dough. But I pureed sun dried tomatoes and garlic in my magic bullet instead of buying paste and that tasted yummy. Perhaps they would be best with a bit of English tea and as as the ever wise Virginia E said, "an extra serving of Paul Hollywood's ego".




No comments: