Sunday, June 29, 2014

What added more to my joy

In the Book of Mormon there is a group of friends. There names were Alma and the sons of Mosiah. After many years of being separated and serving missions, they at last met up.

Alma 17:2
 "Now these sons of Mosiah were with Alma at the time the angel first appeared unto him; therefore Alma did rejoice exceedingly to see his brethren; and what added more to his joy, they were still his brethren in the Lord; yea, and they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were men of a sound understanding and they had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God."

This weekend I was blessed to go to a baby shower for a friend in the LDS ward (congregation) I used to attend. It was delightful to see friends. 

Also this weekend I had a friend who now lives in Tennessee come as a surprise to another friend visiting from Arizona. 

This scripture in Alma was quoted in church today. When it was read I thought of the experiences of having friends some to town to visit. I feel as Alma did, not only do I rejoice to see old friends, my joy is increased when I see they are woman remaining strong and true to their faith.  I've been blessed with amazing women in my life. Here are just a few who have recently visited or have been on my mind. 







(Happy Birthday today Elizabeth, hope it is a fantastic one! )

(Virginia- we seriously need an updated photo, post-pregnancy!)




No comments: