Sunday, November 10, 2013

Roasted Eggplant Spread and Oven Roasted Tomatoes

I tried two new recipes today. 


My friend posted the recipe on Facebook. I bought an eggplant at Sprouts this week, not sure what I was going to do with it. 

My house smells wonderful, and they end product is delicious. Funny thing is, red onions and red peppers, and tomatoes do not hold any appeal to me.  But roasted and pureed? Yes please! 

It was easy! 

Here are the veggies chopped up and seasoning mixed in.




Roasted 45 minutes...






Then puree it in the blender and tada! 




The recipe called for tomatoe puree or pureed oven-roasted tomatoes. Oven Roasted Tomatoes? Be warned, they took 2 1/2 hours, but  look at these beauties? 

This (not tempting to me at all)



To this....



Now that is more edible! 

Combine the two...




I think I'll try it on spaghetti squash this week! Thanks for sharing Rebecca! 

No comments: