Friday, October 11, 2013

What a week!

This week I started off my Monday running over a wrench. That is right, I ran over it on my way to the gym. I heard a loud BANG, and felt a thud. When I pulled into the gym a block later I expected to see a blown tire. Turns out the tire was fine. However, behind the passenger side tire, under the the door, about 2 inches in was a wrench. It was wedged up in the underbelly of the car, pulled right out, and no damage has been evident. Miracle to say the least! Plus, I have a new tool!





I added to my future mommy resume this week. I made a homemade pink tutu out of a bazillion yards of pink tulle. No sewing required. It will go nicely with my Halloween costume for work. 


And the last day of the work week was rewarding. We discharged  a 12 year old girl I've been treating for almost 2 months now. Her 6 year old sister comes too and the 3 of us have a fabulous time together. For a parting gift another therapist and I gave her a graduation certificate and lemon cupcakes (the girl's favorite). As I was writing my treatment session note, thinking of the half-dozen animal walks we imitated, acting silly in the gym full of adults doing boring old exercises, I almost got teary eyed. It was one of those moments were I said to myself- 1.) THIS is why you are a therapist, and 2.) THIS is why you still need to be single, to have moments learning how to one day more fully enjoy playing with my kids. 

I think that counts as a successful week!

No comments: