Monday, April 18, 2011

Não Tenho Lágrimas

Irony of ironies... last night I practiced learning this song with my dad. I love the song, so much passion and emotion in it. Then I went on and had a much needed, but heart wrenching conversation. I drove home waiting for the tears to come...and this song popped into my head, and actually made me smile. Oh how I love Brasil, Portuguese, singing with my dad, and finding comfort because of the richness that is my life. Don't worry, my heart may be a bit bruised, but really don't feel quite as dramatic as this song portrays!



Quero chorar, não tenho lágrimas
Que me rolem na face
Pra me socorrer
(I want to cry, but I don't have tears to run down my face to save me)

Se eu chorasse talvez desabafasse
O que sinto no peito
E não posso dizer
(If I cried, maybe I could let all the emotions that I feel and can't say out of my chest)

Só porque não sei chorar
Eu vivo triste a sofrer
(But because I can't cry, I life to suffer. )

Estou certo que o riso não tem nenhum valor
A lágrima sentida é o retrato de uma dor
O destino assim quis
De mim te separar
(It's true that a smile isn't worth the same, a tear felt is a portrait of pain. Destiny wanted to seperate me from you)

Quero chorar não posso
Vivo a implorar
(I want to cry, but I can't, I live begging)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Não tem nada como a música brasileira para ajudar a gente a sentirse melhor (Nothing like Brazilian music to make you feel better)!!!!!