Monday, October 25, 2010

Symbols


This is a Maori Carving called "Hei Matau", a Fish Hook. It represents Determination, Strength, Abundance, Prosperity and Peace, and Good luck. That's all well and good. I think it looks cool. But for me, it symbolizes a friendship. It symbolizes someone who remembered a request I made after 5 months...remembered me!

This weekend I had a little bump in the road. No, nothing with an actual bump or a vehicle or the road. The kind where something just didn't go as hoped for. I don't need a necklace to be determined, strong, prosper, have peace, or be lucky...but it sure was a nice reminder when I looked at it today.

Because of my testimony of God and my relationship with Him and Jesus Christ that I strive to have, I am strong, I am determined, I am living an abundant and prosperous life, and had peace today.

No comments: