Saturday, April 25, 2009

Texas Round-Up 10K

That is right folks, I did it! I ran the Texas Round-Up 10K, today, Saturday, April 25, 2009. I am so very glad I did it. My friend Ivy also ran it and we started out together before she weaved in and out of people and took off at her faster speed. It started just north of the Capitol. I basically ran towards Guadalupe than down it to Dean Keeton. Dean Keeton was a killer (or so I thought) till Chicon. I ran Chicon to 11th street then looped around the State cemetary and back up to 11th Street. Well ya know what? Dean Keeton was nothing compared to 11th Street. After I crossed over I-35 it was all uphill till I turn off on LaVaca and wound around till 18th Street again and on to the finish line. I am still waiting for my official time from the chip on my shoe to be posted, but I think it was about an hour and 13 minutes- much fast than I expected since I took 3 weeks off in my training schedule. I let myself walk when I needed to uphill, and run fast downhill. My parents were there to cheer me on at the finish line and as I crossed over the announcer said= Tamara Kelm! My arches are killing me, but I am feeling great. Another 2009 goal checked off the list. And guess what? My parents are even thinking of doing the 5K loop next year! How cool is that? Ivy Portwood and I ready to run!


Here I come....


Getting closer with a smile on my face!

DONE!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Jenn Hansen said...

Congratulations Tamera! Well done!

Unknown said...

Yea, and she ran about 20 minutes faster than she thought she would!!!

Rebecca said...

Nice! Congrats!

Lorenaiscool said...

Impressive. I am lucky when I can run 2 miles. Lol. I have been reading your blog. I love it. I hope you are doing well.
Love ya!!!

Laura said...

Way to go Tamara!! I'm so jealous you did a 10k!! my limit is a 5k so you are awesome ;)