Tuesday, January 27, 2009

We have only two choices

"The Lord's way is not hard. Life is hard, not the gospel. There is an opposition in all things, everywhere, for everyone. Life is hard for all of us, but life is also simple. We have only two choices. We can either follow the Lord and be endowed with His power and have peace, light, strength, knowledge, confidence, love, and joy, or we can go some other way, any other way, whatever other way, and go it alone-without His support, without His power, without guidance, in darkness, turmoil, doubt, grief, and despair. And I ask which way is easier?"
("The Way", Elder Corbridge, November Ensign '09)

Yesterday was one of those miserable days from the time I woke up. I questioned school, AND I threw a poor single me pity party. I felt like I didn't want to do anything because it was all too hard. Doing patient interview role playing was dumb, stretching was dumb, reading about inflammation was dumb, basketball was dumb, and boys were dumb. Really I was just being dumb, and I knew it, but I just went and gorged myself on chips and creamy jalapeno at Chuys and went to bed early. This morning I thought- Tamara, you've got to shake this or you are going to be miserable today to. I re-read this talk by Elder Corbridge that we discussed in Relief Society on Sunday. I have 2 choices. Find joy in being endowed with His power or go it alone. Hmmm? That is a no-brainer. I'd rather feel peace, light, strength, knowledge, confidence, love,and joy. It certainly is easier then walking around whining!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

I love you!

Devin said...

Dang, I was hoping by the title that it was an entry on choosing paper or plastic, red or black licorice, coke or pepsi, or maybe even boxers or briefs.

tck4texas said...

well, I do like red licorice, so that isn't a choice. Does anybody like black? Yuck! Paper or plastic? hmmm, I like the convenience of plastic, they make good trash bags for the bathroom trashcan. but then we are suppose to be "green" these days and that means paper is the political correct way to go. As for boxer or briefs, I really don't think I have any experience in this matter. Who knew there were more than two choices? guess Corbridge couldn't cover everything.