Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ready to Roll OR Run Screaming

Spring Semester 2009...down to 16 students from the 22 we started with in September. Who knew the Physical Therapist Assistant program would be so brutal! I feel energized though and ready to roll. I've got 3 classes, one of which is an online course. I get to say big words like Pathology, Therapeutic Exercise, and Data Collections.

Yesterday we found out about a major group research project/paper we will have to do...twice, one in Data and the other in TherEx. What? TWO group research papers? Shoot me now! Combing things I hate, writing academically and academic group work. It is called PICO and escapes me at the moment what it stands for. It required a packet of about 15 pages of supplemental info to describe it. This is how I felt when Jose was done explaining it. I thought I would have to hold on for dear life.



The only other PICO I have heard of is Pico de gallo- the stuff I tell them to leave off of my Mexican food. (not a fan of onions) I wish I could just pick this PICO off with a fork, but no such luck.

Before I freaked out last night and ran screaming from the program, I remembered the bet I won last semester. I didn't cry the first several weeks of school (in fact I made it a month before a tear was shed in lab, and than another couple months to my final practical) and therefore I got treated to ice cream by a boy. I conquered last semester. I survived a practical with Steve. I came through tougher. So what about some stilly PICO? Tiny bump in the road that I intend to squash.



Now I am back on track to being energized and ready to roll! Just look at that face, don't you think so?

3 comments:

Rebecca J said...

Wow, with that face, I wouldn't DARE stand in your way! You can totally kick this thing in the pants. :)

Unknown said...

No tears, no problem, you´re going to be kicking some pico!

Elizabeth said...

Oh man, I hate group projects too! Good luck, girl. You can totally do it!