Sunday, July 21, 2019

The House of the Lord


A few weeks ago I was in a class at church and the instructor asked us to turn to the person next to us and share one thing we know without a doubt to be true. The lady next to me said, "I know when I go to the temple it feels different than any other place on earth". I could instantly relate.  In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, we believe temples are the House of the Lord. When I walk in the doorway I instantly feel a burden lifted off my shoulders. 

My love of the temple has a lot to do with this woman, my grandmother Aline. Aline has such a love for the temple work and for doing family history work.




She literally had their family move from Canada to Salt Lake City in the 1960's so she could be close to the Genealogy Library. It was that important to her.

I love to go spend time in the temple to reflect on the purpose of life and to perform vicarious work for those who have passed on without learning of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Recently I was completing vicarious work for 5 ancestors that my grandmother researched and sent for me do. My grandmother's health is not well and I had the thought that these names were even more precious because they might be some of the last from her. I can of course do the research myself and find ancestors who need temple work done, but for 10 years my grandmother has been the one to gather and prepare all the information. I also had the thought that as I was helping bring others into the family of God with the vicarious work.  I was also adding to the giant welcome party I envision to great my grandmother one day she leaves this mortal existence. It was a comforting thought.

I love to see the temple, and I try to go often because indeed it makes me feel things I feel in no other place on this earth. Thank you Grandma for sharing your love of the temple with me.


San Antonio Temple 2007

Nauvoo Temple 2012
 .


Rexburg, Idaho 2013
Provo Town Center Temple 2016
 

If you want to learn more about temples of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints you can visit...


No comments: